I know that a lot of people are shocked when I tell them that I am now 40. People tend to think I am younger because I haven’t really grown up yet. I sometimes ask myself how old I am. 40? My god, isn’t it time to grow up then, and stop being pathetic about the pirate and the actor. For a short moment I think that that is exactly what I should do. Cut the crap, come on, get serious. I start thinking about what I should write about in stead, but that doesn’t last long, because when my face looks like I am thinking (I tend to look serious then for a change) Davy normally sees that, find a piece of paper, rolls it into a ball and throws it at me. And that makes me realize that I love to write about both the pirate and the actor, and that’s what I should be doing, for now.
Here is a list of the presents I got:
- Davy gave me, apart from mental support in the flatmate war (which he is still giving), also something quite close to big trouble. I don’t know how he did it, but he managed to grap a handful of stones from the box with crown jewels (Tower of London). “Someone owned me a favour” he said, well I don’t want to know anything about it, but the gift was fantastic. See picture on top of this post.
- Emails from people I hadn’t heard from in a long time.
- Postcards (the real paper ones) and text messages from friends and family.
- Emails from people I have never met but am going to meet in the near future.
- All the nice comments on this weblog, thank you!
- The postcard with all the funny remarks from my younger colleagues (I am by far the oldest there) and a membership for the BFI/NFT I got from them too. (which is really cool !!)
- And finally an email rolling in (someone has excellent timing) saying that yes they want to have me working as a runner on their shortfilm. (will be shot in September probably, and a runner is not a topjob, basically it’s getting coffee for the camera operator and Director, but hey, you have to start somewhere, and I will probably learn something from it anyway). I am happy about that.
So it was a good day.
Now I know I had promised to upload my 1 minute film, but the thing is, I have no idea how I can convert it from DVD format to avi or something else suitable for youtube. So I need to investigate that a bit, but I promise it will be put up somewhere next week.