If you find your binoculars you can spot them somewhere on stage.
WOW!! That was an awesome trip on memory lane.
- I felt 15 all over again. It was fantastic to be able to sing along to every single song they played.
- And they played nearly all my favourite songs, including King of Pain and Driven to Tears.
- Sting didn’t look any different from how I remembered him from the 80’s. He had dyed his hair blond, but he looks marvelous for a man of 55. And his voice is amazing. Nothing has changed, really.
- So did Andy Summers and he is 64! He was jumping around on stage like a madman, and playing the guitar like a master. Funky solos!
- I suddenly remembered that I actually always (secretly, the rest of the world fancied Sting) liked Stewart Copeland best. When I saw him again I realized that I still do. He looked funky with his gray hair and cool specs. I guess already at 15 lanky funky
Britsmen (he is American – I had no idea!) did it for me.
- Chicken skin when 55.000 people sung “Every little thing he does is magic”. What an awesome crowd.
- Twickenham stadium is HUGE! I had no idea it was this big. It also has been a while since I have been to a stadium concert like this. I think the last time for me was the Simple Minds in Rotterdam, which was also in the 80’s.
- Even though it took me 25 years to finally see them live, I was very happy to see them in London. It somehow all made sense. And I so love London for all it has to offer. I should have moved here years ago.
- I didn’t buy one but two t-shirts (I couldn’t choose). And if I didn’t have an important meeting with customers tomorrow, I would wear one of them to work.
- Talking about that meeting. My train to Crewe, where I will stay 2 days, leaves at 7.14am from London Euston. Which means I have to stand up at 6 am. I hate standing up this early. And I better get some sleep right now.
- But not before I have told you this – the script page count is up on 19 pages at the moment! I have passed half way and there are only 11 pages left to get to 30 pages. I try very hard not to think about the fact that it took me a year to write 9 decent pages for my short.
- I’ll be back in London on Tuesday.