Last post from London.
I have packed, I have checked in online, and I think I am ready. I will report from LA when I get there. My plane leaves at 9.55am from Heathrow tomorrow, and after some time travelling I will arrive there at 12.55pm Local time.
Weather broadcast for both LA and San Francisco: sunny and warm.
I see you on the other side of the water, California here I come!
Be good !
9 thoughts to “Ready for takeoff, California here I come!”
Have an amaaaazing trip! I’m only slightly jealous. Slightly.
Have a great stay! And keep us posted.
Enjoy your trip!
Good flight, great trip!
You’re in the air now! Safe landings and we look forward to your adventures.
If you like Indian-Pakistani food, go to Shalimar on Jones Street in San Francisco’s Tenderloin. Maybe you’ll see me there mid-week!
Things to Do in San Francisco, my home town:
1. Ferry Building on the weekend.
2. Amoeba Music on Haight Street near GG Park.
3. Coit Tower at dusk.
4. Wander North Beach.
5. Fortune Cookie Factory in Chinatown.
6. Top of the Mark Hopkins for drinks.
7. Li Po Bar on Grant Avenue for drinks.
8. Fort Point at foot of GG Bridge, where Jimmy Stewart rescued Kim Novak in Vertigo.
9. Top of Twin Peaks at Sunset.
10. View from Carnelian Room Bar on top of Bank of America Building.
11. Cordon Bleu at California/Polk for Vietnamese BBQ, my No. 1 hole-in-the-wall recommendation.
12. Ride California line cable car early on a weekday morning from Hyatt Embarcadero to Van Ness, then back.
13. Delfina Pizzeria on California or 17th Street.
14. Bi-Rite Creamery on 17th Street–best ice cream.
15. Pancho Villa Tacqueria on 16th Street in the Mission.
16. Brandy Ho’s Hunan in Chinatown–sit at the counter and watch the wok fireworks.
17. Ella’s at Presidio and California for breakfast.
18. Roti Indian Bistro on West Portal Avenue near Muni Tunnel–best sit down Indian in the city.
19. Did I mention Shalimar on Jones? I’m there 2-3 times a week. Crap atmosphere, best Indian (IMHO) around.
20. City Lights bookstore in North Beach.
21. Cafe Trieste on Upper Grant Avenue in North Beach for coffee.
22. Farmers Market at Ferry Building Tuesday or Saturday.
23. Walk the Filbert or Greenwich stairs to Coit Tower–maybe you’ll see the wild parrots of Telegraph Hill on the way.
24. Jog through Golden Gate Park.
25. Walk inside SF City Hall.
26. Avoid: Fisherman’s Wharf.
27. Avoid: Pier 39.
28. Ride the Muni Metro from Embarcadero to Castro.
29. Walk along Ocean Beach, hike down to Baker Beach or China Beach.
30. See an SF Giants baseball game at AT&T Park.