Yes it is that day of the year again. I always find it a weird day, the day where your age increases with 1. It makes you realise that it is another year gone and also wonder if you spent that year wisely. I am not sure I spent it wisely but I did buy my own place which is nice and I am really enjoying my current job (where I have really nice colleagues as you can see on the photo!). I do sometimes miss London though, the cafes, cinemas and theatre shows and just to live in a place that never sleeps.
Seeing as I now have changed from a big city girl into a house owner with a mortgage living in a small town, I am not sure I have enough interesting things to tell here on this blog. (Hence the lack of updates). But I will let it stay on here for a while to see if any writing inspiration returns at some point.
I have dug up my previous birthdays from my archives, funny to see that they have been spent in different countries and with different state of minds:
- 2010 – Apparantly I was so depressed about having a birthday that I did not write anything at all!
- 2009, great quotes for any birthday.
- 2008, spent having cake and a Knickerbocker Glory in Devon
- 2007, reading this post back – I have absolutely no idea what I was on about there!
- 2006, spent in London and a birthday post accompanied with that beautiful poem, I’ll have to dig up that MP3 as the poem being read by Bill Nighy is even better
- 2005, probably already pondering about leaving Denmark for London
- 2004, spent in Denmark
My birthday present for this year? It is being broadcasted on Sunday on BBC2, 9pm (BST). Yes, some things never change.
6 thoughts to “It’s that day of the year again”
One again Happy B Day! You will hate me for this but a couple of weeks ago I was walking down Wardour Street in London by Chinatown and who should walk by in the flesh but Bill Nighy. He was wearing an overcoat and a scarf tied louchely around his neck and looking very Bill Nighy!
Alsnog van harte gefeliciteerd!!!
Ook nog belated gefeliciteerd!
Very late congrats! Took your advise and read the previous birthday blogs… Interesting… You’re actually quite persistent, must be interesting to have such a “diary”. Keep up the good (but more occasional)work.
Very, very belated “Happy Birthday”, Ingrid. Almost 2 months late, I know. I used to drop by regularly, but after your iPod apps post nothing seemed to happen here, so, obviously, I took a break. I would love to read some of your news from time to time, but if you don’t feel like it…
Best wishes from Zazz